Monday 23 June 2008

Let me start from the beginning

Today I had a rather boring design review from 6-7 pm (to accommodate for the California colleagues on the conference). My teammate was presenting the design. He is very methodical, and was going over each and every part in a lot of detail, so naturally the rest of us were looking at each other exasperatedly. From time to time, the Californians were stirred awake from their slumber and "Pardon me, can you please repeat the question?" was heard frequently. Added to this, there were a lot of queries from the testers, so in all, most of us were concentrating on the clock.

While explaining a long flowchart, my teammate made a mistake, and said, "Let me start from the beginning". There was a collective gasp from the entire room!!

No comments: