Tuesday 27 January 2009

Are the results out???

I realized today morning that I have never really waited anxiously for any results in my life, at least not till this week. If I remember correctly, the 10th CBSE result dates are never announced beforehand, and they just pop up one fine day. In my case, I was celebrating my uncle's 25th wedding anniversary in Alibag with the entire family when the results came. I actually happened to be in the toilet minding my "business", when I heard my dad on the phone, asking my rank in the school, marks, et al.

The 12th HSC result dates of course were known well in advance. My exams had gone well, and I am not generally too perturbed/anxious/afraid of results. Starcity theater is a stone's throw from Ruparel college, so me and some movie crazy friends decided to watch "Ice Age" from 1:30 - 3, just before collecting the results from the college. Now bear in mind that there was no CET etc in Maharashtra at that time, so basically my engineering admission depended on the HSC result. My father was livid with me, saying how could I go for a movie before such an important result. My logic was that exams are well in the past, and anything I did then definitely couldn't affect the result, so why not? At least it keeps your mind occupied!! My mother wanted to send my brother or someone with me, having read all these stories about students jumping from the train after their HSC results. Anyways, I had it my way, went alone, enjoyed the movie and got the result which was thankfuly pretty good.

Now an entire separate post can be written about the engineering results. But except the 1st sem, I was usually confident of getting a 1st class, and that's what mattered. And I don't really remember being too anxious anytime. I got through the 1st company I sat for in campus placements, so no nervous moments there either.

I applied to some B schools few months ago. I gave an interview for one of them last week, and am waiting for the final result. For the rest, they are yet to tell me if I am shortlisted, but no rejects yet. Most schools should announce something by end of Jan or by Feb 1st week. Which brings me to the point - I almost jump out of bed every morning, to check my mails for any sort of notification from the schools. I also check pagalguy 50 times a day to see whats happening with the other guys. This wait is driving me nuts!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Appreciate your ability to enjoy the present and stay calm under situations of anxiety.